Fishing in the Vézère and Auvézère and Coly Rivers
Our territory is blessed with three rivers suitable for fishing, each offering a luxurious setting in the middle of a wild and at the same time peaceful nature.
- La Vézère: 2nd category. From Terrasson-Lavilledieu to Montignac on the Vézère, the minimum catch sizes are: pike: 60 cm / pikeperch: 50 cm / perch: 15 cm.
- L'Auvézère: 2nd category. Marking the limit between the Corrèze and the Dordogne, the Auvézère is full of fish such as barbel, vandoise, chub, roach, gudgeon, minnow, pike, perch, carp.
- Le Coli: 1st category. The Coly, a tributary stream of the Vézère and known for its siphon, the longest in Europe and the second longest in the world, is mainly populated by trout.
Several lakes are well suited to angling, the most common fish being carp and trout:
- Etang des fauries - Terrasson-lavilledieu
- Etang du coucou - Hautefort
- Plan d'eau du manoire - Fossemagne
- Etang communal - Thenon
You will be able to find more practical information about angling in the Dordogne (where to fish, where to get your fishing permit, angling season calendars...) from the Dordogne Fishing Federation: http://www.federationpechedordogne.fr
Campsites and holiday complexes for anglers
Our territory has several campsites offering the opportunity to enjoy fishing:
- Le Verdoyant" in Thenon (with 2 private ponds in addition to the communal lake)
- "Camping du Coucou" in Hautefort
- "Le Clupeau" in Cherveix-Cubas
- "La Grande Prade" in La Cassagne
- "La Salvinie" in Terrasson-Lavilledieu
- Goélia "Les Cottages du Lac" in Coly
- Goélia "Le Hameau de La Vézère" at Le Bugue
Click to access the sites of these establishments:
Goélia-Le Hameau de la Vézère
Located on the banks of the Vézère river, the Résidence Goélia "Le Hameau de la Vézère" is composed of 82 traditional semi-detached houses, each with...
Camping du Coucou
Family campsite, heated pool, calm, pitches flat, grass and with hedges. Direct access to the beach. Bike trails. Bread, bike hire, snack, entertainme...
Goélia Les Cottages du Lac
In the heart of the Périgord Noir, on a magnificent 20 ha wooded estate, around a private lake, the residence welcomes you in individual or semi-detac...