Fishing in the Vézère and Auvézère and Coly Rivers
Our territory is blessed with three rivers suitable for fishing, each offering a luxurious setting in the middle of a wild and at the same time peaceful nature.
- La Vézère: 2nd category. From Terrasson-Lavilledieu to Montignac on the Vézère, the minimum catch sizes are: pike: 60 cm / pikeperch: 50 cm / perch: 15 cm.
- L'Auvézère: 2nd category. Marking the limit between the Corrèze and the Dordogne, the Auvézère is full of fish such as barbel, vandoise, chub, roach, gudgeon, minnow, pike, perch, carp.
- Le Coli: 1st category. The Coly, a tributary stream of the Vézère and known for its siphon, the longest in Europe and the second longest in the world, is mainly populated by trout.
Several lakes are well suited to angling, the most common fish being carp and trout:
- Etang des fauries - Terrasson-lavilledieu
- Etang du coucou - Hautefort
- Plan d'eau du manoire - Fossemagne
- Etang communal - Thenon
You will be able to find more practical information about angling in the Dordogne (where to fish, where to get your fishing permit, angling season calendars...) from the Dordogne Fishing Federation: http://www.federationpechedordogne.fr
La Carpe terrassonnaise
Fishing areas: 1st category: the Coly and the Chironde (wild trout on all stretches) from the 2nd Saturday in March to the 3rd Sunday in September 2nd category: the Vézère River, the Elle River, the Guilbonde River and their tributaries (all fish: trout, roach, tench, pike, pike-perch, carp...) Etang des Fauries: for anglers and carp fishermen. Trout, roach, tench, carp, perch... Prices and regulations are displayed on the notice boards at the entrance to the lake.
+33 5 53 50 41 67
Campsites and holiday complexes for anglers
Our territory has several campsites offering the opportunity to enjoy fishing:
- Le Verdoyant" in Thenon (with 2 private ponds in addition to the communal lake)
- "Camping du Coucou" in Hautefort
- "Le Clupeau" in Cherveix-Cubas
- "La Grande Prade" in La Cassagne
- "La Salvinie" in Terrasson-Lavilledieu
- Goélia "Les Cottages du Lac" in Coly
- Goélia "Le Hameau de La Vézère" at Le Bugue
Click to access the sites of these establishments:
Camping Le Verdoyant
In the heart of the Dordogne, only 13 km from the Lascaux 4 caves, the family campsite "Le Verdoyant" welcomes you in an exceptional setting. The sit...
Goélia Le Hameau de la Vézère
Located on the banks of the Vézère river, the Résidence Goélia "Le Hameau de la Vézère" is composed of 82 traditional semi-detached houses, each with...
Camping La Salvinie
In the heart of the Vézère Valley, Delphine and Patrick welcome you in a warm and peaceful setting, close to the main tourist attractions. Between nat...
Camping du Coucou
Coucou campsite welcomes you to its wooded and hilly site on the banks of Etang du Coucou and only 3 km from Château de Hautefort. Enjoy the large swi...
Goélia Les Cottages du Lac
In the heart of the Périgord Noir, on a magnificent 20 ha wooded estate, around a private lake, the residence welcomes you in individual or semi-detac...