Temple Laguyon - English

Vézère Périgord Noir

[occ] Lo Temple de Laguion

The name of the village (formerly "Temple le Sec") comes from the Templars who had established a commandery there, whose existence is documented as early as 1252.The present church is the extension of a building that was perhaps the main dwelling of the Commandery. Inside, a painted decoration from the 17th century can be seen on the walls. In the village one can also admire the former  blacksmith's porch (1762).

Nom de la fiche : 
Eglise Saint-Jean-Baptiste [sheet--1952429]
0

Mairie du Temple Laguyon
+33 5 53 50 39 43
mairie-templelaguyon@wanadoo.fr